Spread the Spirit of Christmas... "Adopt" a single service member through Operation Christmas Spirit
Roughly 2/3 of our fighting forces are single men and women.
They serve... and they deserve (to have a special Christmas too)
Information About How to Spread Christmas Cheer to Single Service Members Through Operation Christmas Spirit:
Our focus here is to provide Christmas cheer to single service members who will spend Christmas in the barracks away from family.
- This is entirely flexible based on how many heroes you want to serve and your budget.
- We provide you with a list of gifts single service members love and you decide the format-- stockings, laundry baskets, buckets, gift bags-- and how much you want to do. Any gesture or gift will be appreciated, big or small (see pictures above).
- You can do your own shopping, or you can pick wish list items and we can do the shopping for you.
- This year our focus will be on the following geographic areas for barracks deliveries: SoCal (Pendleton, Mirimar, 29 Palms) DC Metro Area (Quantico, Fort Belvoir) Camp Lejeune (**new this year), and Fort Hood. We are unable to coordinate single service member gifts outside of these areas at this time.
- Now through December 10th: Sign up to spread Christmas cheer to single service members
- December 10th: Suggested deadline for angel tree collections for single service members
- December 15th: Deadline for mailed packages
- December 14th and 15th: Gift drop off events at various locations-- unless arrangements are made otherwise
- December 20th-22nd: Barracks deliveries-- your gifts and food will be dropped off to single service members in the barracks or given to unit commands to distribute to those they know will be in the barracks for the holidays.