Operation Christmas Spirit
Spreading the Spirit of Christmas to Those Who Serve, Asking for Nothing in Return
What is Operation Christmas Spirit?
Operation Christmas Spirit is Operation Help a Hero's annual project, 11 years strong, which supports local military families in the form of holiday gratitude. Through Operation Christmas Spirit we:
- "Adopt" over 100 families and fulfill their Christmas wish lists with gifts for all family members and gift cards to do their own shopping.
- Sponsor gifts and crafts at unit holiday parties for military children.
- "Adopt" single Marines and Sailors, giving them gifts and gifts cards to celebrate whether near or far from their families.
- Work with businesses, schools, churches, small groups and individuals who want to spread the joy of Christmas to those who serve our country.
This year, OHH has "adopted" 100 military families to make their Christmas wish lists a reality. AND... we want to help more. Please consider "adopting" a family through Operation Christmas Spirit and help us reach out to even more families just waiting for help.
If you ARE an ACTIVE DUTY military family in need of Christmas Assistance, please click here.
The families who benefit from our annual OCS drives are identified by leadership in chosen, deploying units as those who could use Christmas assistance, a little TLC or they simply deserve a special thank you from the citizens they serve.
Operation Christmas Spirit 2015 will support families from the following units: 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 2/4, 13th MEU, 15th MEU, 5th Marines HQ Co, 2/1, 3/1, 1st LAR and 1st Recon.
How Can I Help?
Click to set custom HTML
How can I give through Operation Christmas Spirit? Giving and getting involved is easy!
1. Click here to Adopt a family! Contact Cindy Farnum if you have any questions or need more information about our organization to involve your group or business.
2. Donate online and we'll do the shopping for you!
Simply click on the paypal link to the left, choose an amount you want to donate, and write us a memo designating what you'd like us to purchase (or simply write "OCS" and we'll use your donation where it's needed most). We appreciate donations of any amount!
3. When hosting a holiday party, ask your guests to bring gift cards or toys in lieu of a host/hostess gift.
4. Host an angel tree at your place of business, church or school.
5. Donate gas, grocery, restaurant and/or shopping gift cards, giving families an opportunity to do some shopping of their own.
6. Adopt a single Marine! Towels, toiletries, gift cards, bedding sets, pillows, video games and movie tickets are great gift ideas for single Marines.
7. Donate your gently used furniture. Many of our families are in need of large furniture items, to include beds.
8. Create memories for a family by donating a family outing. ALL of our families have Marines/Sailors with deploying units. Some are deployed for the holidays, some have just returned, and some will leave shortly after the holidays. Have tickets to Disney on Ice, a hockey game, Disneyland, Legoland, etc. ? Donate them and make it possible for a family to spend a day together doing something fun!
9. Give the gift of technology. As families who endure deployments, having computers, ipads and phones to communicate with loved ones can make deployments easier. This year we have families in need of computers for home based work, communicating with loved ones and two families who could use ipads to help their children with special needs.
10. Check out our most needed item list below!
What items are needed most