Christmas Bells Will Soon A-Jingle, Let's Not Forget Those Who Are Single
Roughly 2/3 of our fighting forces are single men and women.
They serve... and they deserve (to have a special Christmas, too)
We are in the process of "wrapping up" our single service member program for the year and are no longer taking mailed donations to ensure we are organized for our gift drop offs the week of Christmas. If you'd still like to help please consider the following:
- Consider making an online donation to our Operation Rack Pack program. This program, that runs all year long, welcomes home THOUSANDS of single service members returning from deployment to their barracks rooms.
- Consider making an online donation to our Operation Christmas Spirit program, which will be used to help families in need of help leading right up until Christmas day.
- Consider making an online donation to our Operation Enduring Support program that helps military families and singles in crisis throughout the year.
- Consider sending an e-gift card to our Operation Christmas Spirit director, Cindy Farnum at firstname.lastname@example.org to be used to support families right up until Christmas day
- Consider making an online donation to our OHH Camp JOY program that celebrates the children of deployed service members. Our next camp, for 150+ children with deployed parents will be in February on Camp Pendleton.
- Consider signing up to "adopt" a new or expecting mommy with a spouse deployed for our March baby shower on Camp Pendleton.
You can help us spread Christmas cheer to Single Service Members Through Operation Christmas Spirit:
Our focus here is to provide Christmas cheer to single service members who will spend Christmas in the barracks or spend the holidays away from family.
HOW CAN I HELP?
This is entirely flexible based on how many heroes you want to serve and your budget. We do NOT provide individual wish lists for single service members, which means, the sky is the limits for what you want to include and what form/format you'd like your gifts to come in. Any gesture or gift will be appreciated, big or small (see pictures above). OHH will take gifts collected to the specific base you choose the week before Christmas to distribute to our heroes in the barracks or to command teams who help us get your gifts into the hands of singles NOT home for the holidays.
- WWMD Gift Basket (WHAT WOULD MOM DO?): filled with anything you would give your own 18-26 year old son or daughter.
- Gift of Entertainment: A package with sources of entertainment such as gift cards (Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, Game Stop, Amazon, iTunes,), movies or movie tickets, cards, board games, mini golf game, mini basketball hoop, charging station, etc.
- Pamper a Hero: A laundry basket with new sheets (single), a pillow, towels, slippers, a robe, candy, hot chocolate, a Christmas movie and a Domino's pizza gift card to order dinner in.
- Mini Christmas: A small table top Christmas tree with decorations and 1-3 small gifts wrapped for under the tree.
- Movie Night: Candy, movie or movie gift card, popcorn and a soda.
- A Christmas Care Package: Box up non-perishable, microwavable foods, a small Christmas tree and decorations, a couple of small gifts to put under their tree, a Christmas movie and music.
- Bathroom in a Bucket: A utility bucket filled with gifts like toiletries, fun gadgets, a towel, a bath mat, hand soap, hand towel and anything that can make a barracks bathroom feel warm and cozy.
- Stocking Suffer: Stocking filled with candy, a gift card to a local restaurant or movie ticket, and popcorn.
- Angel Tree: Set up a tree at your school, church or place of business with ornaments that include an item you would like purchased to include in your single service member collections. Make sure to note who took each ornament so you know who will need to return each item to you. If you choose to do this type of collection and need more assistance or have questions please email Wendy @ email@example.com.
Use the form below to give us directions and add an online donation, and we will do the shopping for you. You can even upload a personalized Christmas message for us to attach to your gift.
This year our focus will be on the following geographic areas for barracks/single service member deliveries:
- SoCal (Pendleton, Mirimar, 29 Palms) -- GIFT DELIVERY to LAKE FOREST OR RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA BY DEC 18 or ONLINE DONATION
- DC Metro Area (Quantico, and DC) -- ONLINE DONATIONS ONLY AS OF 12/5
- Camp Lejeune, NC -- ONLINE DONATIONS ONLY AS OF 12/5
- San Antonio, TX (Fort Sam Houston) GIFT DELIVERY TO OUR COORDINATOR IN SAN ANTONIO BY DEC 18 or ONLINE DONATION
- Colorado Springs, Co (Fort Carson) GIFT DELIVERY TO NORTH COLORADO SPRINGS BY DEC 18 or ONLINE DONATION
Important Dates for This Year's Program:
- Now through December 5th: Sign up to spread Christmas cheer to single service members
- December 10th: Suggested deadline for your angel tree collections to come back to you.
- December 12th: Deadline for mailed packages to ARRIVE
- December 13th-17th: Gift drop off events at various locations-- unless arrangements are made otherwise
- December 20th-23rd: Barracks and unit deliveries-- your gifts and food will be dropped off to single service members in the barracks or given to unit commands to distribute to those they know will be in the barracks for the holidays.
WE WILL POST PICTURES OF GIFT DROP-OFFS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR YOU TO ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO THESE YOUNG HEROES. THESE BLESSINGS ARE SO APPRECIATED, NOT ONLY BY OUR MILITARY, BUT THEY ALSO GIVE COMFORT TO FAMILIES BACK HOME THAT ARE NOT ABLE TO BE WITH THEIR LOVED ONE DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON. THE PARENTS OF THESE HEROES ARE GRATEFUL SOMEONE CARES ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS.