Spread the Spirit of Christmas... host a toy collection.
The best way to spread Christmas JOY is surprising a kid with a special toy!
Okay, so we're not poets, but we do know a lot about spreading the Spirit of Christmas through our Operation Christmas Spirit program!
All parents want their children to have something special under the tree, especially those who are currently enduring deployment. Not only do toy donations help our family adoptions, we use them to spread cheer to children through unit Christmas parties.
Information About Collecting Toys for Operation Christmas Spirit:
- If you sign up to host a toy collection, we provide you with flyers to help with your collection.
- We use toys collected to do the following:
- Add to our Operation Christmas Spirit family adoptions where needed
- Provide toys for unit Christmas parties (we also help with arts, crafts and games at unit Christmas parties)
- Give toys to deployed units that may not be having Christmas parties so their children may enjoy a special gift
- If we have any toys turned in to us after unit Christmas parties and Operation Christmas Spirit gift distributions are over, we make sure all toys get into the hands of military children through our Camp JOY and Operation Enduring Support programs.
- Our toy collections are primarily used to support families located in the following regions:
- DC Metro Area
- North Carolina
- Tampa, FL
- We do mail out toys to families who have applied for assistance outside of the above areas.
- One easy way to host a toy drive for a business, school, congregation or group is to set up an angel tree.
- We suggest collecting toys for children 3 months- 16 years old.
- BABY ITEMS: Many of our families are young families with infants and babies on the way. Because of this, we always need baby items such as diapers, wipes, bathing supplies, and larger nursery needs. *Legally, we cannot accept used cribs and car seats.*
Important Dates for This Year's Program:
- Now through December 5th: Sign up to adopt a family with wish lists provided to donors.
- December 10th: Suggested deadline for angel tree collections for families
- December 14th and 15th: Gift drop off events at various locations-- DEADLINE FOR FAMILY ADOPTION DONATIONS
- December 16th: This is the last day we can take toys guaranteed to be used for Christmas parties and family adoptions. Many units will be cutting out on Christmas "leave" the weekend of December 15th-17th. Because of this, unit Christmas parties are usually hosted before or around this time. If you are planning an office Christmas party, hosting one December 1st-14th is recommended to help units/families most.
- December 16th: Family gift pick ups at Camp Pendleton, Lejeune and Fort Hood
- December 18th and 19th: Family gift pick ups at DC Metro area locations
Interested in signing up to host a gift card drive? Use the registration below to let us know to count on your help.